Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oh Boy

Ugh. It did not go well today. I ended up cutting the run short & coming home early. Couldn't breathe. Maybe because it was so humid? Also, my antibiotic is doing some unpleasant things to me, and that could be contributing. Whatever, it didn't go well. Very disheartening. This week is turning out to be a very difficult week for the exercise: I was going to run yesterday, before I went to the dentist, but I messed up when I set my alarm and I didn't have time. So I did it today. But now I feel like shoe scrapings, and if I want to get my 3 runs in this week like I've been doing I have to have another bash at it tomorrow.

Here are the measurments I said I'd do 2 days ago. It's been that kind of week.

Bust: 44 1/2 (up 1/2", but it's a different bra that makes me feel a bit like Madonna. I retired it, but when I started running I needed more than 2, and the new one hasn't come in yet....)
Waist: 36 3/4 (down 1 3/4"!!!)
Belly: 45 1/2" (down 1 1/2"!!!)
Hips: 45" (down 1/2"!!!)

OK, I feel much better about life now that I've taken those; my weight is actually UP a pound at 201 this week, and it's been driving me crazy. But those measurements are very reassuring: There IS actually progress for all the work that I've been doing! Maybe one of these days I'll get to go get myself one of those non-food rewards we talked about a while back! I'd almost given up on getting there because I've been so stuck at the same place, even with running. This is very encouraging.

2 comments:

misskate said...

Hooray for measurement losses!!! Sometimes those are more satisfying than weight anyway (weight is so unpredictable sometimes) But measurements (at least in my experience), if you're eating OK, tend to be more reliable. Way to go!

Hope you feel better soon! I read somewhere that when you feel bad after working out, sometimes it's a lack of potassium. Drink some V8, or eat a banana, it may help.

Ritsumei said...

It was enough to lift my mood quite a bit. I was pretty bummed, feeling like I was not doing well at all. After almost 3 weeks of running with no weight loss at all, and then to not even be able to finish a workout... I was feeling pretty low. The progress on my measurements was such a welcome pat on the back.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25