Monday, July 14, 2008

Rewards

I thought emma brought up an interesting point about rewarding ourselves with non-food rewards. So, this morning I've been doing some research and I've found a list of some interesting ideas that I thought were fun possibilities, and not all have to cost money:

A new plant or fresh cut flowers
Cellphone ringtones
A new book/new CD
Day trips
New workout clothes
Get your hair done
Some new bath products or perfume
A girl's night out
Go to a movie/rent a movie
A day at the park/beach
A bubble bath
New kitchen toy
Fancy pens
Stamps
Art toy
Shoes

Also, as I was reading, it was suggested that you make a list of rewards.. sort of a reward calendar. I really like that, it gives added, intermittent steps to work toword between now and November 6th.

My Rewards:
When I reach my 10lb goal I'll get some fresh flowers for my table.
At 15lbs I'll have a long bubble bath with candles and soothing music
And for 20lbs I get a new ring tone for my phone :)

3 comments:

Dorine said...

Fun ideas. I think that my first reward is going to be to go to the beach and set and read a book. All by myself!! :)

Emma said...

I love the ideas! And they don't cost much. That was the trouble I was having - coming up with cheap fun stuff. I am curious though Mom, which beach are you going to? :D

Ritsumei said...

Mmmmmm.... alone time. I might do that one too, but I'll have to do it for bigger goals cuz it's really hard to come by. But I love the reading on the beach idea.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25