Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time to get serious

Well good morning ladies!
I talked to Dave about the blog and he didn't really say either way if he wanted to join us. I guess we'll see how it all goes.
So I had a bit of discouragement this morning. I jumped on my own scale, which records the previous weight for 2 people, and the last time I was on it I weighed 197.6. Today I weigh 205.0. I was most disappointed. I think it's time to be serious about this. No more 'Yeah. I'm working on it. Sometimes.'
On a much happier note, yesterday was our anniversary and we had a wonderful evening. We went to a Mexican restaurant called On The Border and had some delicious food. And to top off the meal we split a Sizzling Apple Crisp. It was so cool! It came out on the stone ware it was cooked on (surrounded by wood so our little fingers weren't sizzling with it) and the waitress poured caramel over the whole thing when she got to the table and it all boiled and smoked and made a most impressive display. And it was so good! And then we went to the stake president's office and finished renewing our recommends and then we got our Costco memberships and explored in there for awhile and then we went to Wall-E. It was really cute and had some hilarious moments, but I think it's a good to rent, not see in the theater. And then we came home and crashed. It was late. A wonderful day.

6 comments:

Dorine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorine said...

What I want to know is how you can weigh almost as much as me and look so much better??? You will lose that off fast - keep up the good work!!

Ritsumei said...

I'm with Mom. You look a whole lot better than I do, regardless of what the scale says! But I feel your pain. 200 is a hard one to move up over again after you've been below it. I'll cry if my new scale says I'm more than 200 when I get it.

Sounds like a lovely date - and yay you for splitting the dessert! Little things like that add up! Go go go - you can do it!

misskate said...

What?? You didn't absolutely LOVE Wall*E???? I'm astonished! I thought it was fabulous.. quite possibly their best so far. (though, Toy Story will always be my favorite)

Glad your date was fun!!

Ritsumei said...

So, Emma, how goes the seriousness??

Emma said...

The seriousness is actually pretty good! I swam, played volleyball twice, attempted a video and quit due to lack of space... and energy, and helped unload 5 pallets of very heavy medicines and things for about 2 hours yesterday, all in the last week. Tonight I tried to play volleyball at the church but that turned out to be a bit of a dud. It was just the Samoan ward and they were all cute little girls. ...I think I'll find out when my ward's adult group meets. :D
Dave and I have both been trying to cut back on food and I have no sweets in the house. And when I go out I'm only eating half of what they give me and save the rest for lunch tomorrow.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25