Saturday, July 12, 2008

A wonderful day




Well I'm very proud of me today. I got up early (8:30 - that's early for Saturday) and I got dressed to go outside and clean up my yard. There are way too many weeds and not enough empty dirt for fun stuffs like flowers and veggies. And then I got a call from Dave's mom asking if we wanted to go meet Tommy up in Oak Glen. Tommy went with the youth on a reenactment of the pioneer trek and they hiked with handcarts in pioneer clothes for 3 days up and down the mountains and they came back today and we all met them in the valley and had lunch. So we hiked a little bit up to the valley and then I got my hair dyed and then I came and pulled weeds for an hour and then washed up a bit, went grocery shopping, and then exercised for 30 minutes! It's been a very productive day! Go me! And Dave was snapping pictures playing with his camera while I exercised. I thought you might enjoy them.

I've decided that it's wonderful to celebrate the little things like that. And I have decided that I need to figure out some kind of reward system for weight loss goals met that doesn't involve food. Call me crazy, but I think that celebrating reaching a goal by going out to eat and splurging to get dessert is a little counterproductive. So I think when I have lost 10 lbs I'm going to get a manicure. Any other ideas anyone?

2 comments:

misskate said...

Wohoo! That sounds like a great day! Lots of fun besides lots of movin' around :) Very nice!

That is a super idea.. not rewarding with food. One that I've been struggling with as well. I do like the idea of manicures :) I'll have to keep thinking on it too.....

Ritsumei said...

There lots of things in there that could count as exercise, and definitely burn calories, even though they're not "exercise." Yay you for working out anyway. That's a great way to make some good progress.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25