Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting tough

So, today's aerobic workout was on the treadmill (i switch off between that and the elliptical). Some days I do it by sheer will power.. I do 30mins of whatever and force myself to maintain a certain minimum pace. Today was noticeably less forced, I felt like the running parts were getting easier! It could be that I turned up my music loud enough that I could no longer hear the thud-thud-thud of my footsteps, thus keeping my brain from realizing that I was working hard, but really... I think I'm gaining stamina and endurance. It's very exciting!

I went a mile in 13:34, not quite a personal record, but that I wasn't dying at the end of it, I count as improvement! I went on to go a little over 2 miles in 28mins. Then stretch, then shower.

Naaaaaiiiice :)

4 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Nice work! I think you run a bit faster than me right now. But it's hard to tell exactly how fast I'm going because I do walk-n-runs around the neighborhood pushing Monkey when I do those. I should do that once or twice this week. Maybe just once: the week is almost over. Who knows, with all this running going on, maybe one of these days we'll all do 5ks!

Dorine said...

Fantiatic Kate!! I am impressed!! Good job!! Especially since you have got to be tired today!!

misskate said...

I do seem to function best on adrenaline :) maybe that's what the secret ingredient is.... I just need less sleep more often!!

Dorine said...

RIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

I think that it catches up with the best of us when we apply that theory too intensely!! :) :)

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25