Monday, July 14, 2008

keeping track of exercise days

I was reading an artice on Spark People. It suggested keeping a log of days exercised and posting the number of days in a row that you have exercised. I think that I am going to change that idea a little and just post on the fridge the number of days that I have exercised. I know that I am not going to exercise on Sunday and I don't want to shoot my self in the foot if I don't get to it every day. But, I am not losing any weight, and I think that exercise is the key for me. So, I am going to start counting the days I exercise and celebrate the change in life style and forget about the pounds so much. It is discouraging to see the scales stay the same - so I need to count the success in other ways so that I won't just throw my hands in the air and say forget it. Total over the last several years, I have lost 46 pounds. However, I have been at this weight since last April. That is a long plateau. I need a different focus.

4 comments:

misskate said...

That's a cool idea to keep track of things in Non-Scale measurements :) Good luck!!

Still, I think if you were to graph your progress, 46lbs lost would make an impressive graph, regardless the time frame! Go you!!

Emma said...

I concur! 47lbs is amazing! I think I'm going to start taking measurements. Like actual physical measurements. That to me seems more important anyways.

Ritsumei said...

I think that it's a fair rule to say that Sundays don't count, so if you've exercised 8 days in a row, that would actually take 9 days to do, ya know? The good thing about a plateau is that means that you've learned how to live that weight, so it's less likely that you'll creep back past it. The bad thing is that you've got to figure out how to get to the next plateau, so you can learn to live that weight and move on. But I absolutely think that you should get a button and celebrate your victory! And think how good it'll feel to switch out the 45lbs lost button for the 50lbs lost - because you'll know that in addition to loosing the next 5 pounds, you'll have lost the plateau too!!

Dorine said...

I don't know how to add buttons.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25