Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Losing ground.

Do you ever just want to stop working so hard at this whole weight loss fitness exercise thing? I have lost my motivation. Sort of. I really want to exercise, but I don't have time and I'm really enjoying cooking right now, which of course means eating it too. I made a cake on Sunday for family night and Dave and I ate a piece right away and then we had pieces Monday night and I ate a little sliver for lunch today. And the rest has been eaten by other people. That is my consolation. I gave about 1/4 of the cake to Aunt LuWana and Uncle Ken and then took the last 1/2 to work and forced it everyone here. So I was "good" and I didn't eat it all! I made other people eat it! :D 
My scale is screaming at me. I'm not updating my ticker for a while. Does this sound like giving up? That's kinda what it sounds like to me. I don't like that idea. Help!!!
Perhaps I should exercise and then cook. Then I'll be better in my cooking and hopefully better in my eating. Maybe?

3 comments:

Dorine said...

Hi!

That is cool that you gave most of the cake away. I find that I have to leave room for some fun food in my diet or I splurge - big time!! It sounds like you stayed to pretty small servings.

But, I can understand where you are coming from. Can you find some lower cal recipies that are still fun? Do we need to share some of those with each other? I think that all of us are feeling a little frustrated. Maybe that would be a good way to support each other.

What do you all think?

Ritsumei said...

I too find that as soon as I stop letting myself eat treats, I get exactly nowhere because I'm constantly sabotaging myself & frustrated. I think it sounds like you did a good job! Cooking is - and should be - enjoyable!

Emma said...

I have mixed emotions on letting myself splurge. I'm perfectly ok with the whole cake thing. I really do think I did well with that. But I ate 5 cookies at lunch on Saturday and then last night was dinner with Dave's parents and that equates to large servings of very fattening food - but oh so tastey. And then there were brownies with ice cream and caramel syrup and tonight was a pool party for the relief society and there was this cherry strawberry crumble thing. And I don't think that if I did just one of those things it would be a problem at all, but once you pop, you just can't stop. I'm a junk food junkie through and through.
So. Tonight I AM exercising. And tomorrow I'm staying away from the crap. The rest of the week. That's only 3 days and I need some self control. And some self confidence. :) Here goes!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25