Monday, August 18, 2008

Accomplished: Day 3

I guess that 2 days of rest (I didn't exercise on Saturday) plus leaving Monkey at home was exactly what I needed: I did day 3 today, and I improved my pace by about 30 seconds! I love having little bitty goals and seeing little bits of progress like this. I knew when I was just over 1/2 way through my run that I was going to be improving my pace because I was hitting landmarks just a little early. That had the effect of making me want to keep it up, work a bit harder, because I didn't want to spoil it. And it worked! Makes me wonder what would have happened if today had not been 80 degrees: it was mid-60s when I was starting, and it's harder to run in the heat. Although there was a nice breeze most of the time and that helped a lot.

So what about the rest of you girls? I nobody else is posting anymore! Where are you at? You oughta post even if you're not doing as well as you like. You guys were so nice to me when I was loosing ground rather than loosing weight. I'd like the chance to cheer you through a tough spot!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Yea you! I'm very impressed you are getting these days down in just 1 or 2. I think it may take me a bit longer. I'm not in as good of shape as I thought. Soon! :D

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25