Saturday, August 2, 2008

Set-backs

So, it's nothing I didn't expect. We went on a long trip, and this time instead of mostly being in family's homes, we were mostly in hotels. Hotels that don't have kitchens. So there was a lot more eating out on the Eastern States trip than there was on the Utah trip. I came back feeling like I looked similar to when I was 4-5 months pregnant. Happily, that feeling has passed! I've lost 9 pounds of water weight in the past couple of days. Hopefully I'm not done yet, because I'm still 203 pounds this morning, and that is not a happy place to be. Especially since I bought my jeans about about 185-190. Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate! That's my mantra. That and I need to get back into the swing of exercising.

I planned my menus yesterday and I think that it' going to be some good healthy eating over the next 2 weeks. My garden is starting to come on: we got our "first fruits" yesterday. I brought in several squashes an ivory bell pepper and an onion. It's been yummy eating stuff that we grew ourselves! We have lots of green tomatoes, but so far there are no red ones. Not even any pink ones. So I bought some of those. And lots of fruit. In the summer time fruit is my "diet food" of choice. Tasty, low calorie, and full of good vitamins & stuff! Yummy.

5 comments:

misskate said...

Wohoo for FRESH fruits and veggies! I think it's so fabulous that you guys have such an abundantly producing garden. Soooo good!

9lbs, water weight or not, is quite impressive! Way to go :)

Ritsumei said...

It sounds like a lot. It looked like a lot when I looked in the mirror (I was NOT a happy camper!). But it doesn't feel like a lot: I was 6 pounds less before I started the trip. And right now that's the number I see the most. I need to drink more water. I'm behind for the day and going to be up.all.night.long peeing. But I'll probably be 1-2 pounds lighter in the morning if I can pull it off. I keep telling myself this.

Emma said...

Ivory bell peppers? Never heard of such a thing.
And I have discovered the joy of all fruit smoothies. I have a hard time eating fruits and veggies since they aren't as easy so this weekend I did an experiment. I made a smoothie with bananas, mango, strawberries, pineapple, orange juice, and cranberry juice. So delicious. And it hit the spot for my sweet tooth too!

misskate said...

mmmm.. that smoothie combo sounds tasty! Nice!! Was that with all fresh fruits?

Emma said...

I used 1lb strawberries, 2 bananas, 1 mango, 1 can of pineapple, 1 can OJ concentrate (not watered down), and about 1 cup of cranberry juice. And it made enough for Dave and I to both have some for breakfast for 3 days. Although, I think next time I'll add a little water to the OJ first.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25