Saturday, August 23, 2008

Working Hard: Day 8, Attempt 1

This was hard today: it was hot and pushing myself to run longer stretches is not easy. The program for today said that I should run 2 walk 1. I never really thought that was a realistic goal for doing in a single day, at least for me and my ability to breathe while I run. Here's what I actually did:

3 min warm-up.
1) Run 2 walk 1.
2) Run 2 walk 1.
3)Run 2 walk 1
4)Walk 2.
5)Run 2 walk 2.
6)Run 1 walk 2.
7)Run 1 walk 2.
8) Run 1 walk 2.
9) Run 1 walk 2.
10) Run 1 walk home.

The 9th and 10th sets were really hard to start, but once I got going they weren't so bad. My pace worked out to about the same as it has been, but I'm ok with that for a couple of reasons. First, it's HOT. And humid. Ugh. Also, I ended the 10th set just a bit further away from home than I thought I was, so walking home for my cool down took longer than usual. So I'm pretty happy with how things went today.

Also, I found a feather and brought it home to show Monkey.

1 comment:

misskate said...

So impressive!! Way to go :)

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25