Monday, August 18, 2008

Good Morning Y'All!

So Rits made the comment that the rest of us aren't blogging, so I thought I'd start this EA session. (exercisers anonymous) Hello. My name is Emma. And I haven't exercised for 2 days. And before that, well. Let's just say it was a little while. 
But. Saturday I tried the running thing Rits is doing. I don't think I followed the format very well. Due to the lack of light - thus not being able to see my watch - and the lack of a stopwatch, I just kinda did a couple of sets of running for what seemed like a minute... ish. And then walk till I felt like I could go again. And I think overall it went pretty well! I ran/jogged 4 times, pushed pretty hard, worked hard, and didn't die! :) I like that last part the most. Dave and I went for 25 minutes without doing a warm up and we went about a mile and a half. So I think that works out to about a 16:20 mile. That's not too bad right? I don't remember what Rits was getting. Seems close...? So we'll call it good and start at Day 1 again tonight to try to get on schedule it being Monday and all. 

Progress Report:
Exercise in the last week - 1
Pounds lost - 4
Inches lost - Gotta find that measuring tape

New Goal - fit into a new temple dress by Nov. 6th. I went looking this weekend for a new one since mine is getting big and I found a really pretty one that's a size large and I almost fit. So I want to buy it before Kate's wedding. 

2 comments:

misskate said...

Way to do the outside running thing! I'm very impressed :) If I didn't have access to this gym I'm not sure I could do any outside exercise.

That's really great that David is helping you out and being a workout buddy.

There's still plenty of time for fitting into that dress :)

Ritsumei said...

I agree, there is absolutely plenty of time to fit into that temple dress. Which reminds me, mine needs to be replaced too. Hmmmm. Going to have to ponder what to do about that since I can't just go to the store and I don't typically care for the ones the temple itself offers.

You started with a 16:20 pace?? I'm impressed. My pace today, after improving it over the past week, was 16:15. So I'd definitely say that you're doing well!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25