Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Something good goin' on

So, since posting that very silly blog about making salads, I've been making myself make and eat salad at least once a day. Initially it was really not appetizing. Really not. I did ok during the week because I took salad and that was my lunch, period. But that first weekend it was quite difficult to convince myself to eat it.

However, it has surprised me how much easier eating salad has gotten. This past weekend, I ate it (with crispy chicken thrown on top) 'cuz nothing else looked good! Woah! I found myself wanting to eat it!! (and perhaps crispy chicken isn't the best thing to throw on top.. but I let myself do it on the weekends as a treat to me) :) The rest of the time it's all about cauliflower, carrots and almonds. And I'm finding that it is tasting SO GOOD!
I know, crazy talk! But, it's a good good thing :)

I made myself a Workout Diary to prep for the wedding. I wrote out a workout regime for every week from now 'til then - with little boxes to check off when I do it (for the nerdy list maker within) and I set the goal to lose 30lbs in 20weeks. I'm not going to freak right out if I don't make it, I imagine that I'll get pretty crazy near the end with all the other stuff going on.. BUT goals are great to have out there. And if I don't quite reach it, but I lose some and get more toned, I'll still be quite pleased with that.

2 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Cool - and very encouraging! I'm so glad to hear that it gets easier... I should know that, it did the first time I was loosing weight, but still, it's nice to hear that it's still true NOW. Yay.

This workout diary thing. Online? With links? We could get you hooked up with a link in the side if you want. Call me if you need help doing it.

Dorine said...

Way to go!! I am going to try to follow your example!!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25