Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mixed Messages

I keep getting mixed messages from my scale and tape. It seems like one week the tape is down but the scale is up and the next week it's the opposite!

This week, all my measurements were up (by just a 1/4") except my thighs, that one was down a 1/2"... but then the scale said I was down two/three (it kept wobbling between them and couldn't decide on a specific resting point)

I admit, my at-home workouts are a little less intense than the gym workouts, but then they're a little longer, so I think it balances out more or less. And I miss the treadmill.. but I've been switching between the elliptical machine and jump roping each time, so at least there's still a little cross training going on to keep the muscles confused and non-stagnant.

Despite all the differences and apparent lack of great effect, I feel pretty good overall. I feel that, even though I don't seem to be losing any actual weight/inches, I feel like my bulk is redistributing somewhat and I like the new placement better. Plus, I'm certain my calves and arms are looking more shapely.. even if I don't measure those things, that helps make me feel that my early morning torture sessions are not all in vain.

No comments:

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25