Monday, January 12, 2009

Blerg... Sick

Funny how being sick totally takes all motivation and stomps it into the ground. For the last couple weeks I've been doing pretty well with the exercising three times a week thing. However, this past Friday I was feeling a little sickly (nasty cold and stuff) and I did have tentative plans for going to the gym anyway.. but then I ended up running for the train and that made me feel even worse, so I decided to skip the gym that day. On Saturday I wasn't feeling any better, so I didn't do anything very active that day either. However, today (while my nose is still stuffy and raw from repeated blowings) I am feeling much improved and think I will make an attempt to do a little bit and get myself moving again.

However, despite the less than perfect record with working out, I do feel like I've been doing quite well with eating better (and less). I've changed my snacks to incorporate fewer bagels and animal crackers and more fruits and veggies (yay for carrots and hummus!) and I've also been eating more nuts. String cheese is another favorite, and doesn't seem to bother my milk-intolerance too much.

Also, I was reading the other day about the health benefits of fish and my husband, while perhaps not the most adventurous of eaters, is a fan of fish. So this past Friday I went to the little Spanish market down the street and bought a couple fillets of fish (tilapia) and cooked those up for dinner. (Yay for this magical recipe site: http://allrecipes.com/) While I was a little nervous about trying it, this recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-with-Pico-Garlic-Rub/Detail.aspx?prop31=4 - skip the salt) was super quick and actually quite tasty! I think it may make it into the repeat pile!

(i'll fix the links tonight on my home computer)

No comments:

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25