Monday, April 22, 2013

Keepin' On

Tried a new recipe this afternoon, and I quite like it, though it wasn't a huge hit with my family. We had Parmesan-baked Zucchini. I haven't had much zucchini before, but I'm deciding that I like it. It's got a milder flavor than many veggies, almost sweet. I don't use the butter sprays, so I just melted a little butter and brushed it on. Then I dipped it in the cheese and cooked it on my pizza stone under the broiler. Easy-peasy. Next time I might add a bit of milk or something to moisten things up a bit more so I get more parmesan flavor, but for the most part, I really liked it. Dragon threw his on the floor, but Hero actually ate his with a minimum of complaints, which is unusual for green foods. He's not a veggies kind of guy! But even if I was the only one eating it, I think this recipe was quick enough and tasty enough that I'm ok with that.

I'm still struggling to get my water to level out, but my clothes are saying nice things to me. I'm also getting stronger. We're doing Pace Express workouts, and they include a number of things that build strength. There's a bunch of things to like about Pace. The program is based on heart rate and exertion, so however you get to the level that you need to be at, it's OK. It's great for starting where you're at and building on it. And it's working. It's challenging to be perfectly consistent with littles, particularly the newborn, but I'm doing pretty well! I think that as soon as I get the retaining water thing worked out I'll see happy numbers on the scale again.

3 comments:

misskate said...

Zucchini is a surprising veggie.. alone it's kinda blah, but it takes on the flavors of what it's with so nicely that you hardly notice it's there!

Dorine said...

I think it sounday great,!

Dorine said...

I think it sounday great,!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25