Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Digging Out of My Hole

The one that I dug for myself when we went on our trip. It was not pretty. I came back with much more of me to love than there was when we left and this does not make me a happy Mama! However. I've been getting back on track since then. I've got some smoothie stuff to post (more on that in a minute) because I've been working on re-learning how to eat so that I loose weight. Re-discovering how tasty veggies and fruit are. Plain. All by themselves. With maybe some other healthy things. That and some water is working nicely. Which is good because getting the exercise to happen has really been a struggle. But I feel pretty good: I've lost 8 of the pounds I'd gained while we were out. Still have 4 to go, but it's progress. And it's loss. So I get a button.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Speaking of smoothies, they make a yummy breakfast. This one had apples in it, which my blender didn't quite manage to smooth out, so I had chunks. But the blender is known to be dieing, so it's OK. One of these days I'll replace it. But it's not all dead yet, just partly dead. Partly dead is still slightly alive... Ahem. In addition to the apple (chunky) there was strawberry. That got smoothed out. I think this one also had the end of my pineapple rings and some pineapple juice. And a little vanilla yogurt. YUM. So tasty! Sometimes, when I don't have any juice around I throw in a slosh of soy milk. For whatever reason I never seem to slosh around the regular milk like that, though you probably could. But soy milk is very easy on the calories. I've got some frozen fruit that I sometimes put in: peaches or blueberries. Both quite yummy as well. There will be bananas in the next bunch of smoothies that I make cuz I got a whole slew of bananas today. Just whatever's around. It's a tasty fruity way to start the day for not many calories! If you're feeling REALLY adventurous, a friend of mine makes a green smoothie... with spinach in her fruit. Looks like toxic waste. Tastes good. But it's a bit... oddd.... drinking that green stuff. But it'd add more veggies to the day.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Oh man. A green smoothie. I'm not sure I could swallow.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Ouch on the gain! Sounds like you are back on track and heading in the right direction.

I used to drink a smoothie every morning and I've had a love/hate relationship with my blender(s). Have an old one that my husband had when I met him 23 years ago. Decided to upgrade, bought one with a food processor attachment, too. Lasted less than 2 months. Back to the old one. Saw one with a spout to pour it out without removing the decanter from the blender. Lasted less than 3 months. Back to the old one. They just don't make 'em like they used to! :-P Since starting the Flat Belly Diet, I eat different breakfasts, but have had a few afternoon smoothies. My old blender does great with frozen fruit, not as good with ice. I think with apple you might need a food processor.
Path to Health

misskate said...

Mmmmm... smoothies. I should eat more of those. But my mornings are often so lazy that (after i pack my lunch) a bowl of cereal is quick and easiest.

Way to get back to it though! Yay!!

Dorine said...

Way to go Dori!!

The Smoothie looks good to me right now! I think that I am thirsty and fruit deprived!! :)

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25