Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lovin' the Measuring Tape

Yes, indeed I am! The scale isn't nearly as encouraging as I wanted it to be. But I started taking measurements, and that requires records. I am reminded why it is that we liked records so much when I worked at IDTC: they make little progress real, keep away discouragement, and keep the goal on track! They make progress visible.

So, here is my progress:

Weight: down 3 pounds
Waist: down 1/2 inch
Hips: down 1 3/4 inches!!!
Thigh: down 1 inch.

I'm so excited about these numbers! They are 2 weeks worth of time, and I was feeling rather blah about the weight, as I'm not into new numbers yet, nor am I below 200, and I had hoped to be. However, I AM about 10% of the way to my first goal. And when I make it to that goal I'll have my doctor call in some fertility drugs! Wooooot!! Talk about your non-food rewards!!

3 comments:

misskate said...

YAY!!!!!!!!
That's awesome :) It's always so rewarding to see progress in the direction you want. Yay you!!

Ritsumei said...

Oh yeah, it's nice. I was particularly pleased when I realized that if you convert it to a percentage of my present goal, it's pretty respectable percentage! That made me happy. What's more, is that with Andy gone my exercise has been spotty and not what it should be, so that's not even my best work and still to have such positive results!

The best thing about it, though, is that with having those numbers telling me, in spite of the scale that I was so disappointed in, that I am in fact making progress it headed off a sabotage I could feel coming on. while measuring is some effort, THAT is worth some effort.

Ritsumei said...

Funny, I said I was going to do Thursday as "measuring day" and announced it as such, but not once has it been Thursday... every time we got excited and did it on Wednesday. That's fine. I still want to say Thursday. (It's a mind-game thing.) But it does make me chuckle a bit.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25