Monday, November 3, 2008

Checking In

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took my measurements today and in spite of some Halloween indulgence, I'm slightly down. The scale says I'm up, but with all the new exercise, I'm not too worried about that! I'm feeling pretty good. I didn't do perfectly last week; I missed 2 workouts and was usually short on water. But I'm making progress both in my measuring and in building habits, which in the long term is more important than any single day.

Over bust: 38 1/2 (-1/4)
Bust: 42 1/2 (-1/2)
Waist: 37 (-1/4)
Hips: 44 (-1/2)

Weight: 203 (+3)

Pushups: 27
Running: 1.05 miles in 22:55.


I've been thinking. It seems that for me loosing weight is as much of spirituality as it is about getting sweaty and eating right. The Lord has made it clear that I need to do a better job of taking care of my body, and because it's something that He's asked me to do, that means that He will help me get it done. Thing is, that means that working through the tough spots where it feels like Nothing is Happening is as much a matter of faith and patience as anything. It also means that when I fall down and don't do very well, repentance is available, and the Lord will help me get back on my feet.

No comments:

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25