Monday, September 5, 2016

September Check-in

So! It's another new month! I'm really liking having this blog active again, and I'm liking this monthly interval, too.

Here's how I did in August:

First of all, I'm down about 2 1/2 pounds for the month! Which is pretty exciting -- let's see if I can keep that rolling, rather than finding it again. That would be really nice. Given the stress that we've got at our house right now, I feel particularly good about a small loss: it's way too easy to stress eat and sabotage  yourself. I've done that plenty of times.

Checking in on my goals:

1. Find a whole wheat sourdough bread recipe: DONE. I blogged the whole saga, and the final recipe is here. The good news is, it's pretty easy to make with a stand mixer. Even better, when I want it to, the start will wait patiently in the fridge until I'm ready for it. And, if I'm not interested in going whole hog, then I can get a quick nutritional boost from something like zucchini bread or banana bread. Actually, just about any quick bread can be easily adapted to have some sourdough and wheat flour in it. If anyone wants some start, it's easy to mail.

2. Desserts no more than once a day: Doing pretty good, mostly. Even the chocolate chips.  We'll see if I can maintain it; I like chocolate.

3. At least 1/2 quart of water daily: Still need work here. I usually have water every day, but too often it's not enough.

4. Weekly bike rides: Still doing pretty well. We started school this week, so we'll see how well I'm able to maintain it, now that we're busier.

5. Notebook tracking: Only did this about half the month, which is less than useful. But I've started again. I need to streamline the process or something.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things are going. But I'm worried about how well I'll be able to keep it up. Winter is harder than summer, and it's coming.


2 comments:

misskate said...

Yay for scale happiness :) that's always nice positive reinforcement.
Oh man, winter *is* harder.. may we all stick with it,even when the coldness descends.

Dorine said...

Down 2 1/2 lbs when stress is high is very impressive! Congratulations!! Sounds like you are doing very well with making the life changes that you want to make! I am happy for you!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25