Thursday, July 21, 2011

Setting Some Goals

I'm going to set some goals, and I found a new weigh-in meme that I'm going to use. She weighs-in on Wednesday,  and that works fine for me. My weight peaked again last week - this whole house thing has been rough on my husband and I in the weight department. And I've decided to do something about it. My body doesn't like to be this big, and when I eat halfway decent it drops down from where I'm currently at with very little further effort. But I've been so good at sabotaging myself that I still haven't gone anywhere.

This week, I decided that I'd had enough. I bought fruit, and that's what I ate when I had the munchies. I drank my water like I know I ought to. Well, not as much as I'd like, but more than I had been. And it made a great difference. I'm down 2.5 pounds for the week, and as long as I keep from over-doing it on the bread, I'm confident that I can keep it up for a while.

My goal? I want to be down 15 pounds from my peak by September 22. That's 2 months from now, and should be pretty do-able. 15 pounds isn't tons, but it's enough to make a very nice difference in how my clothes fit me. Not enough to make me need new clothes. But the next goal after that will  probably allow me to get out the things I have packed away right now because they're too small. And this time I'm going to get rid of the big stuff when it doesn't fit anymore. I'm not going to make it easy to come back to this place. I want to loose enough that even when I get pregnant next I don't come all the way back to where I am right now. The long-term goal is to loose 60-70 pounds. It's ambitious. I'll almost certainly find that I have body-image issues that I have to work through in the process. If I can keep the progress steady at 1-2 pounds a week, it can be done in a year, but I suspect that it'll take a little longer than that. And I'm OK with that. I'm just setting a small goal for right now. I'll be back for more after I get there.

3 comments:

misskate said...

Sounds good! Small steps.. I like it!

Dorine said...

Good for you D!!! I am trying to do the same. Maybe we can suport each other!!

Ritsumei said...

Well, supporting each other is supposed to be the name of the game here!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25