Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Battle of the Bloat

Well, I'm up from last week, but I'm pretty sure that it's bloating. My numbers have been all.over.the.place this week, but I ended up being up just over a pound from last Wednesday. However, I'm still down some from my peak, so it's not as bad as it could be. And I'm pretty sure that my hormones have been doing things this week. Not that I could tell you what: still no cycles after the baby, probably because we still nurse a lot. Plus, getting enough water is a constant battle.

Turns out that Kris, of Eclipsed, is following a meme from a blog called Confessions of a Snowflake. So I'll be linking up there. This week, they're supporting each other with posting recipes. The recipe  made most recently was cupcakes with pudding in the middle... think I'll blog about that on the other blog, rather than here. Seems sort of out of place... but I will be browsing their recipes to see if any of them would please my family.

3 comments:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

It's so hard to lose weight with hormone issues. I hope next week is better. I'm so glad you joined Weight Loss Wednesday this week! I love meeting others who are trying to lose weight. It makes the journey seem not quite so lonely. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the bloating sister! I just had my cycle return after over a year of nursing (baby is 15 months now). Oh my, not fun! How old is your baby?

Just stopping by for WLW-feel free to stop by my blog and check out my treats. Those cupcakes sound divine-but better I don't have that recipe lol!

Ritsumei said...

The cupcakes were for his 1st birthday, which was Monday. We'll still be nursing for a bit. And they were delicious! A melon-baller is just right for removing the middles of cupcakes, and then you put the gooey stuff in the middle (I like ganache too, but that's even worse than pudding, from a weight-loss point of view), and put the lid back on... yeah. Good stuff. I gave most of it away, so it didn't all go right to my waist. I also bought a bunch of fruit today, so this week should be much better. Amazing the difference a couple of plates full of fruit makes!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25