Monday, April 4, 2011

Eye Rolling Moment

So, I've been doing this WeightWatchers thing for about 7wks. Several of my friends swear by it and I thought I'd give it a go. So I signed up and set up my online profile, etc etc. I've been being really good and following the plan, but so far I haven't lost any weight.. so, before I gave up on this completely and unsubscribed, I went into my profile to see if I could tweak the settings.

Initially, I had 36points a day to work with, which seemed reasonable and workable. After about a week or so it hopped up to 40. I thought that was kind of weird, but figured maybe since I'd been working out, it didn't want me to loose weight too quickly.. or something. Still, after another week or two, I wasn't loosing weight. So I worked out harder, and the next week the number hopped up to 42.

Finally, now being at 7wks and no change, I was feeling rather frustrated. Last night I went in to tweak the settings and I realized that (for some inexplicable reason) somewhere along the line, I had put the settings at "maintain" rather than "lose weight".

D'oh!

Mortification and eye rolling ensued. However, I'm working to see the up-side with this... I have gotten very good at following the plan.. and working out is becoming an established pattern to my week... I *am* feeling like my body is changing shapes (even if no weight is being lost), so at least my clothes are fitting better - and the hope is that'll be a precursor to actual weight loss, now that I've got the silly program back to the proper setting.

No comments:

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25