Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Toys

I've been outside all but 1 day this week. We had rain that day, and I also had a nasty headache. But today was something of a red letter day.

Today, I finally got the new bike that I've been wanting to get! We picked it up, and I rode it home. Monkey wanted a turn, but unfortunately, it was lunch time and he clearly needed a nap. So I promised that I would take him out after his nap. At the time, it was hardly a satisfactory solution: he cried. "I'm not sleepy!" And, "It's not my quiet time!" Eventually he woke up from the nap he didn't need, and then we took his stroller outside. Poor Monkey was pretty confused by this. Last fall I used some of my piano money to buy a bike trailer. It came with a stroller adaptation, and we've used it off and on since then. It's a nice stroller. Big wheels. Easy to push. But it's something of a wide load, since it'll fit two kids. So the poor little guy was a bit confused when I said, "Let's go on a bike ride," and got out the stroller. But I talked him into playing along with it, hooked it up, buckled him in, and off we went. At the end of the first block I asked him what he thought. "I like it. It rides good."

3 comments:

misskate said...

Yay!! That's super exciting :) I'm glad that Monkey liked the ride despite the initial confusion.

Ritsumei said...

It was pretty funny, actually. He's been after me to take him back to the park all day, but I was spending too much time on canning sweets. Though raspberry pie filling, according to the recipe I used today, is not as bad as you might think. 7 cups of berries to 1 3/4 cups sugar. Not great, but not awful either. And oh so yummy. (We won't look too closely at the pineapple sauce that's 4 cups of sugar in 5 cups of crushed pineapple...)

Dorine said...

Very cool!! It sounds like you and Monkey both had a great time!! I really love hearing about the things that you do!!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25