Saturday, October 8, 2016

October Check-in

So, my goals kind of flew out the window this month. It was a tough one.

I'm up on the scale about as much as I was down, but I'm actually pretty happy with that:

Midway through September, we accidentally got a carton of low-fat no sugar added ice cream. Oops. Didn't taste good - it was full of chemicals and they definitely have a flavor. But the day after I ate it I was four pounds heavier. I've known for a while that I'm sensitive to chemicals, but this was a big reaction, even for me. Needless to say, I'm not interested in that kind of ice cream. (Normal sugary, fatty ice cream doesn't bother me like that.) Typically, if I have a soda or something like that, I'll gain, but it comes off in a day or two, so it's more annoying than anything else. This time, though, it took about two weeks for me to stop feeling fluffy and start seeing the scale creep back to where it had been. About that time, it was time for my cycle, and I always gain a bit right before that; it's normal for me. So, although I'm up just a tad from last month, I'm still pretty happy: the weight from the ice cream is pretty well gone, and the monthly weight will be over soon, and I can see where I'm at again for real.


2 comments:

misskate said...

Boo to bad tasting ice cream that wreaks havoc on your system. Glad things are getting to a place you're more happy with!

Dorine said...

Chemicals are terrible stuff! Here is to a chemical free month of October! And to a significant improvement.

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25