Saturday, July 2, 2016

July Check-in

I like the idea of monthly check-ins. Weight loss is not a short trip! And things are so busy right now (when are they not?) that monthly check-ins are more likely to happen.

So. How's things? Meh. I still have a long old way to go.


The various goals have become kind of mushy. I need to post them inside the cupboard where I keep my snacks or something, so that I think of them more often.

But, here they are.


1. No more than one piece of bread or one sandwich at a meal.

LOL. Bread is tasty. I suck at this. I should re-write this goal in terms of keeping up the veggie intake. Let the veggies crowd the bread. I think that would work better.


2. If I have dessert, it will be only one helping in a day.

Most days, there's no dessert. Most days, if there is, I can keep it to one, no problem. But then we go to my BFF's house and there's potluck and everybody is an awesome cook... yeah. I over do it those days, every time.


3. Drink 2 quarts of water - every day.

 I'm getting there. Most days, I'm close, if not quite there. I've got my 2nd quart sitting next to the computer as I type this, and I'm probably going to have it down before I sleep. The water thing is improving, and everything works better when well-hydrated. Including getting rid of fat.


4. Daily supplements.

I need to get some more of these; I've run out of both the magnesium and the dandelion-burdock concoction that I drink.


5. Weekly bike rides, at least for the summer.


Dragon has learned to ride without training wheels!! Which means that we can start going to the park on bikes again. I told him that he has to practice his brakes some more (funny how important stopping can be), but we made it to the park again tonight, and it was just lovely. Gardening is another summer thing that I can do to increase the activity level pretty painlessly. And my yard thanks me when I do it. And the kids are big enough now that they're not going to run into the street,if I take my eyes off them for .05 seconds.


The big development is that I've started a notebook tracking things. I write down how I feel, what I eat, the physical activities, any remedies I take, and basically anything that seems relevant. I'm collecting data, so that I can find patterns. Like, yesterday, something that I ate didn't agree with me. We had a movie day for the kids, and our friends brought over some very processed food - cheetos. I had some of those, and also some rice crispie treats. This morning I was up fully 2 pounds when I got on the scale. I suspect that it was the very processed cheetos, more than the rice crispies. Tomorrow, I'll probably make another pan of rice crispies for the pot luck we're going to, so I'll be able to compare my body's reaction. I need to find my thermometer too, and start charting my cycles again. The kids got so bad about swiping my thermometer that I got out of the habit - and my cycles are so much more regular now than they've ever been, that it's not bee a problem. But I am convinced that there is a hormonal aspect to my weight, and to why its so difficult to get rid of. Or perhaps some allergy. I know that my body hates high fructose corn syrup: 1 soda will put me up 2 pounds the next morning. I'm looking for other patterns, trying to ferret out the pieces to the puzzle that is my body.

3 comments:

Dorine said...

Good idea to keep a note book and think of all aspects of what your body is doing. I think awareness helps. 😀
Good luck on your journey. I will be here to encourage and celebrate your progress!

Dorine said...

Good idea to keep a note book and think of all aspects of what your body is doing. I think awareness helps. 😀
Good luck on your journey. I will be here to encourage and celebrate your progress!

Dorine said...

Good idea to keep a note book and think of all aspects of what your body is doing. I think awareness helps. 😀
Good luck on your journey. I will be here to encourage and celebrate your progress!

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25