Saturday, January 14, 2017

Trying a New Approach

Happy new year!

Truthfully, I'm not much of one for resolutions. I generally don't make 'em because my history is to go for a couple weeks and then fall off the wagon. Then I get discouraged and my motivation fades and nothing changes.

So, I'm sort of casting about, at the moment, for a new method that'll work better for me. What has been working the last couple of weeks isn't really quantifiable or with a clearly defined direction, however, my scale ticked down a bit for the first time in ages. Now, that little number isn't everything, but it is nice to see! What's been working is that I've changed the way I eat breakfast.

Typically, my breakfast is a bowl of cereal; it's fast and easy and that's nice. However, it doesn't seem to matter what type I eat, it doesn't stick with me and I end up munching my way through the morning.

So, I've decided to start eating an omelette for breakfast. They are pretty quick and not that hard to cook (thank you YouTube). Then I can fill them with veggies and they're quite healthy and sooooo delicious. Plus, they feel fancy and that's me starting off the day with a little boost of self-care.

Right now I'm loving a broccoli, tomato and cheese omelette. I steam the broccoli in advance, then cut up my tomatoes and warm them up a little as I wait for the eggs to cook.

Deeeeeelicious!
Starting off the day this way seems to lay a good foundation for my eating the rest of the day. I tend to snack less and it's not such a trial to avoid binging on sweets (even when I'm grumpy and/or tired).

So, maybe not a resolution per se, for now, I'll go with this.

1 comment:

Emma said...

That looks so good! And I like the idea of preparing ingredients in bulk in advance. Makes that sort of breakfast much easier. I'll have to give it a try. :)

Tickers!

Ritsumei

misskate


Emma

Dorine
OldLady25